- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil such as avocado or light olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup dairy free milk (I use Ripple brand pea based).
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Optional toppings: mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, sliced strawberries and almonds, cranberries and walnuts (I used frozen cranberries).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin tin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together eggs, oil, water and milk.
- Blend in vanilla, brown sugar, oatmeal, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Let batter sit for a couple minutes to thicken a bit and stir again.
- Pour batter into measuring cup, refilling as you go along, and pour evenly into muffin tin cups almost to the top of the liner.
- Top with toppings as desired. 8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, when cooked through and slightly browned on edges.
*Makes 12 muffins