Author: Debra Worth Modified by: IHHC
- 1/4 C. organic raw hemp heart seeds
- 1/3 C. water
- 1 tsp. organic garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. organic dried ground mustard
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. organic onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. organic wine vinegar
- 1 organic medjool date (optional – see Recipe Notes)
- 1/2 C. avocado oil (any low-flavor oil, especially refined olive oil, works, except refined coconut)
- 1 Tbsp. organic dried parsley
- 1 tsp. organic dried dill
- Blend together the hemp seeds, water, garlic powder, onion powder, dried mustard, salt, vinegar, and date (if using) until smooth. It took my small blender about 3 minutes, and I needed to scrape the sides several times.
- Once everything is blended add about 1 tablespoon of the oil. Stir it in with a spoon, and then turn the blender back on and drizzle in the rest.
- Add the parsley and dill and pulse a few times to combine.
- Use the vegan ranch dressing as is for dips, or you can thin out with a touch of filtered water to desired consistency for a salad dressing.
- Store in the fridge.
For a low-carb recipe, omit the date. I tried this recipe both with and without the date. While I preferred it with it, it was definitely not necessary. You could probably replace with a few pinches of xylitol or a dash of stevia if desired. I would recommend taking it out of the blender, tasting and adding to taste stirring rather than blending in (so you won’t over blend the oil or herbs). If using, add an extra teaspoon of water.
The color of the ranch will depend on the oil used, and whether or not the date is used. It will never be a pure white because of the hemp seeds, but it tastes good.