This is a gluten free and vegan recipe.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. dairy-free butter (we recommend Earth Balance Soy Free or Melt buttery spread)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp powdered onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Dairy Free Culinary Coconut Milk Lite (we recommend So Delicious)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (to avoid nuts use honey or maple roasted sunflower seeds or pepitas)
- 1-2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Boil potatoes in a large saucepan over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain into a colander.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add garlic to sweat. Add parsley, powdered onion, salt, and pepper. Add potatoes and stir to combine.
- Using a hand mixer or handheld masher, mash potatoes while gradually pouring the coconut milk until potatoes reach the desired consistency.
- Spread potatoes evenly in the casserole dish. Add desired toppings. Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe by Makingitmilkfree.com, modified by IHH Clinic.