Gluten Free Monster Cookies
These chewy gluten free monster cookies are full of oats, chocolate chips, and chocolate candy! This is a nut free and vegan recipe.
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery spread (we recommend Earth Balance, or Myoko’s European Style Vegan Cultured Butter)
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy sun butter (if you can have nuts, use the nut butter of your choice)
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 3/4 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips (We recommend Enjoy Life brand.)
- 1/2 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips (We recommend Enjoy Life or Rice Dream brand.)
- 2 packages candy coated chocolate candy (We recommend Choco no no’s-you may need to order online.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the vegan buttery spread, brown sugar, and organic cane sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until well blended. Stop the mixer.
- Add the applesauce, vanilla extract, and sun butter and mix on medium speed.
- Add the gluten free flour blend, baking soda, and salt, and mix on low speed until combined. Add the oats and mix on low speed.
- Stop the mixer and stir in the mini chocolate chips and the dark chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into balls that are about 1.5 inches in diameter and place on the cookie sheet. You should be able to fit about 6-8 cookies on the cookie sheet. Press 3 chocolate candies into each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown. These cookies may look slightly under done in the middle – that’s ok, just take them out and they will bake a little more as they cool.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Makes 18 cookies.
*This is Vegan, so raw dough is safe to lick from the beaters. 🙂
Author Kelly Roenicke, modified by IHH Clinic.