Double Chocolate Cookie Balls
- 12 gluten free double chocolate cookies(I use Enjoy Life Brand)
- 1 dairy free chocolate bar (I use Enjoy Life or So Delicious Rice milk chocolate bars)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery spread melted (I use Earth Balance brand)
- 2 cups dairy free dark chocolate chips(I use Enjoy Life brand)
- crushed candy canes, coconut flakes, or sprinkles
- Place the gluten free double chocolate cookies and the chocolate bar in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Pour the cookie crumbs into a large bowl.
- Put the pumpkin seeds in the food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add to the bowl with the cookie crumbs. Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt and stir to combine
- Add the melted vegan buttery spread and maple syrup and stir well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Form the dough into one inch balls and place on the cookie sheet. Refrigerate for one hour or until firm.
- Melt one cup of the chocolate chips either on the stove or in the microwave. Use a fork to dip the balls into the chocolate and turn them to coat. Lift them out with the fork and let the excess chocolate drip off before placing them back on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining balls and chocolate chips. While the chocolate is still melty, sprinkle on any toppings of your choice.
Store in the refrigerator. These should stay good for 7-10 days.
Author Kelly Roenicke, Modified by IHHC staff