Author: Miyoko Modified by: IHHC
- 2 Tbs. oil or dairy free buttery spread (I use Miyoko’s European Style Cultured Butter)
- 1 onion, diced into small pieces
- marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 5oz of a vegan cheese spread (I use Miyoko’s Classic Double Chive Vegan Cheese Wheel)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet or wide saucepan and add the diced onion.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and sauté the onion until translucent and tender.
- Add the artichoke hearts and stir.
- Break up the cheese and add to the pan, stirring to combine all.
- Heat the mixture, stirring, until it is piping hot and melty looking.
- Serve hot with bread or crackers.
- If made ahead of time, reheat by placing in a baking dish and baking at 350 degrees F until hot and browned on top.
*Add in spinach after the cheese has started melting if you want spinach artichoke dip.