(This is also low histamine)
Author: Anita Tee Modified by: IHHC
- 1 C All-purpose gluten-free flour (I like King Arthur brand)
- ½ Tsp Baking powder
- ½ Tsp Xanthan gum (not necessary if your gluten-free flour already contains a gum)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 C Fast-cooking gluten-free oats
- Few drops alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil (I like Nutiva brand)
- ½ C Pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, coconut sugar and oats.
- In a large, separate bowl, combine the vanilla, oil, maple syrup and applesauce.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and, using a spoon, scoop the cookie dough onto the baking sheet flattening the tops.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes and let cool.
*Try substituting almond or hazelnut extract for the vanilla extract for a slightly different taste.