- 13.5 oz.Canned full fat coconut milk(I use Taste of Thai brand)
- 3/4 C. Confectioner’s sugar (I use corn free confectioner’s sugar)
- 3 C. Dairy free dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels)
- Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper so that there is an overhang on two sides.
- If the can of coconut milk has a lot of excess liquid on the top, pour that out before proceeding.
- Place the coconut milk in a sauce pan and heat over medium low heat, just until it starts to steam a little bit. Sift in the confectioner’s sugar and whisk to combine. Do not overheat or boil.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir well until fully melted. This will happen quickly, so be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Pour into the prepared pan and spread out evenly with a spatula. Let it cool for about 30 minutes on the counter.
- Place in the refrigerator for two hours or until the fudge is firm.
- Use the parchment paper to remove the fudge from the pan, then slice into squares.
- Store in the refrigerator.
You can’t use any other type of plant-based milk, melted chocolate bars or regular sugar. If you try those substitutions, please know that your dairy free fudge will likely stay liquid and will not firm up into fudge that you can slice.
You need to line the pan with parchment paperif you want to be able to remove the slab of fudge and cut it into neat squares. If you deviate from these specific ingredients, you will probably not have success with this recipe.
For added texture, wait to add the last cup of chocolate, and don’t let it melt completely. The fudge will have a slight “chocolate chip” texture, which my family prefers.
Author: The Pretty Bee Modified by: IHHC