- 1 Medium sized sweet potato
- 2 Tsp Vegan cream cheese (I use Miyoko’s cheese wheels)
- 1 Tbsp oil (avocado or olive)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the outside of a sweet potato, pierce with a fork or knife several times and lightly coat with oil. I use avocado oil, but olive oil will work as well.
- Wrap the potato loosely in foil to allow some steam to escape, and some contained to help cook the potato evenly.
- Bake at 400* for 45 minutes.
- Check the tenderness. If it feels tender turn the oven off and leave the potato in for another 15 minutes to finish the baking. If it is not tender, keep checking every 10 minutes until tender.
- Remove the potato and open the foil to let cool for 3 minutes, or until you can handle it.
- Slice the potato like you would a regular baked potato, and add vegan cheese, salt and pepper to taste. If you are using sliced cheese, it may take a little longer to melt to a softer consistency. Re-wrapping the potato to hold in some heat will help.
* Try different flavors ofslicedvegan cheese. Many sliced versions offer a variety of flavors such as provolone or smoked gouda that would work as well.
* Add savory pumpkin seeds after baking for texture and flavor.