Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Author Kelly Roenicke Modified by IHHC
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 slices crispy bacon (crumbled)*
For the Dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the quinoa, the sliced garlic, chopped onion, olive oil, and two cups of water in a medium sized pot. Bring the quinoa to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy and the little ring around the quinoa has loosened.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the asparagus. Rinse the asparagus and remove the tough ends. Place the asparagus on a parchment lined cookie sheet, and chop each stalk into three pieces. Drizzle the asparagus with a little bit of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the asparagus at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes, until bright green and crisp tender.
- While the asparagus cooks, prepare the dressing: combine the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small jar with a lid. Shake will to mix thoroughly.
- Place the quinoa and asparagus in a bowl drizzle with the dressing, and add crumbled bacon. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
*You can use vegan bacon, or omit it to make the recipe vegan.