- ¼ C. Unrefined, organic Coconut oil
- ¼ C. Sunbutter (or whatever nut/seed butter you prefer)
- 1Tbs. Hemp Seeds
- 1Tbs. chocolate chips or dark chocolate candies (I use Little Secrets brand)
- 1Tbs. dried cranberries
- 1 Scoop unflavored protein powder ( I use the Ancient Nutrition brand)
- 1 C. dairy free chocolate chips
- Pour the melted chocolate in the bottom of the baking cup (I’ve used a mini muffin pan for bite sized treats).
- Put the muffin pan into the fridge for about 5 or 10 minutes. This step is optional.
- Add the filling and cover with more chocolate. Put in the refrigerator to set. Keep in the refrigerator until served.
- Add flavor drops, such as almond extract, or rum extract
- Melt dairy free chocolate chips, add them to the muffin cups, refrigerate for 5 minutes, add the nut butter mix, and add more melted chocolate to the top and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- I often make this without the chocolate coating and chocolate add ins to lower the sugar content
This recipe is very rich, so a little goes a long way.* It is packed with heart healthy MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) from the coconut oil, omega 3 & 6 fats, iron, phosphorus, magnesium zinc, & protein from the hemp hearts, protein, fiber, calcium, iron & potassium from the sunflower seed butter. The chocolate adds sugar, but you can omit that to lower the sugar content if desired.
I would not recommend more than one a day due to the potential laxative effect the hemp seeds and coconut oil may have if you are not used to consuming these regularly.