Servings: 8 (1/2 cup) servings
Author: Kristi Modified by: IHHC
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes peeled
- 2 ribs celery finely chopped
- 1/4 C onion finely chopped
- 1 C vegan mayonnaise (I use Just Mayo brand)
- 2 Tbs. sweet pickle relish
- 2 Tbs. white sugar
- 2 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt and potatoes and cook over medium low heat until tender but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain water, allow potatoes to cool and chop into pieces (about 1 in. square). Place potatoes, celery and onion in a large bowl and combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the vegan mayonnaise, relish, sugar, mustard, vinegar, pepper, celery seed and salt. Add the dressing mixture to the potatoes, onion and celery and mix until they are coated with dressing. Refrigerate for two hours before serving (overnight would be even better). Before serving, sprinkle the top with paprika if desired.