Author: Tami Noyes, modified by IHHC
The ingredient list may appear long, but in reality, this gourmet dish comes together quickly. It can also be prepared earlier in the day, and popped in the oven 20 minutes before your guests arrive.
- ¾ cup cashews
- ⅔ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Generous pinch black pepper
- ½ Cup frozen chopped spinach, drained and squeezed dry
- ½ cup drained and chopped artichoke hearts
- ½ cup vegan shredded mozzarella cheese alternative (such as Daiya, or Follow Your Heart)
- 2 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomatoes
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Nonstick spray
- Crusty bread, corn chips and vegetables, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Combine the cashews, broth, pine nuts, vinegar, capers, scallions, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender. Process until completely smooth and no grit remains.
- Stir in the spinach, artichoke hearts, cheese alternative and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Spray a 9 or 10-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- Spread the dip into the skillet and sprinkle lightly with the paprika.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Serve hot with the dippers.
Diet type: Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Peanut free, optionally Soy free, Wheat free, Sugar free
Serving size: 6 to 8 servings