This mix of colors and flavors are very festive for the holiday season.
- 1/2 bunch kale-rinsed well
- 1/2 bunch swiss chard (red or green will work) – rinsed well + sliced into thin ribbons
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (about the amount from 1 medium pomegranate)
- 3/4 cup frozen red globe grapes, sliced*
- 2 mandarin oranges, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped pecans, raw
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 small honey crisp apple, chopped
*Tip: those frozen grapes help to keep the salad nice and cool for you and your holiday guests! Just freeze the grapes, then run under warm to hot water to quickly “thaw” the outside layer right before slicing & tossing with the salad. This washes off any ice crystals too. It also seems to easily release lots of sweet grape flavor!
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/3 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp fine black pepper
- 1/8 tsp coriander
- a pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- a few pinches of orange zest
Feel free to use your own seasonings as desired as well. Or use your own favorite dressing.