- 2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 5-7 cups bone broth** (I use Pacific brand organic chicken original flavor)***
- 3 Tbs. fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- sea salt, black pepper and onion powder to taste
- 2-3 Tbs. ghee, or vegan buttery spread
- Place carrots, bone broth, ginger and garlic in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are soft when pierced.
- Sauté onions in a separate pan with ghee or buttery spread over medium high heat until caramelized.
- Add both the broth mixture and the onions to a blender and blend until a smooth consistency is reached. (You may have to do this in more than 1 batch)
- Transfer smooth mixture back into large pot and add seasonings. Mix until well incorporated.
You can use vegetable broth to make this vegan.
Try adding the Dr. Axe Bone Broth Turmeric Spice protein powder with spices with 1/2C. canned coconut milk and 2tsp. curry for a Thai flavor.