- 1½ C. Gluten free all-purpose flour(I use King Arthur)
- 1 C. Granulated sugar
- ½ Tsp.Baking powder
- ½ Tsp.Salt
- 3/4 C. Cold water
- 1/2 C.Organic avocado oilor coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- 1/2 Tbsp. Blood orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. Poppy seeds
- 1Blood orangesliced thin
- 1 C. Powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 Tbsp. Orange juice
- 1/4 C. Dairy free milk (I use Pacific Naturals Organic Coconut)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, orange zest, and poppy seeds together in a large bowl.
- Add the avocado oil, blood orange juice, and water and mix until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Lay the blood orange slices on top of the batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30-35 minutes until the edges are lightly golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving or glazing.
- Sift powdered sugar into a large bowl.
- Add all the ingredients to the sifted powdered sugar.
- Mix ingredients together with a blender on medium speed until all ingredients are combined.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.
Store leftover cake in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It should stay fresh for up to 4 days.
A light orange glaze adds extra flavor & sweetness but can easily be omitted if you prefer. If you can’t have poppy seeds, you can leave them out.
Author: The Pretty BeeModified by: IHHC