Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Vegan and Allergen Friendly
- 1/2 C to 1 C Vegan Mayonnaise such as Just Mayo or Vegenaise
*Can’t find vegan Mayonnaise? Make your own! Combine 4oz Silken Tofu or soft, 2Tbsp Lemon Juice, 2 tsp Dijon Mustard, 1 C Oil and Salt in a blender until smooth)
- 1/2 C Vegan Cream Cheese such as Tofutti, or Kite Hill, softened
*Can’t find vegan Cream Cheese? In this recipe you could substitute an avocado, silken tofu or even canned coconut cream – that is, the solids that form in the can when refrigerated over night. Discard the liquid or use in a smoothie!)
- 1 C Vegan Parmesan such as GO Veggie or Parma, plus more for topping (Sheep’s Milk Pecorino for those who are not Vegan, but are dairy free)
*Can’t find vegan Parmesan? Try combining 1/2 C raw cashews or walnuts with 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast and 1/2 tsp salt in a food processor to give that “cheesy” flavor
- 15 oz. Can of Artichoke Hearts drained, patted dry and quartered about 8-9 oz. of frozen Spinach defrosted, drained, patted dry and chopped
- 1 Tbsp of diced Pimentos or you could also use red peppers here
- Minced Garlic optional and to taste
- Paprika for garnish
- Parsley for garnish
- Soften the cream cheese so it’s easier to mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayo and parmesan in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the spinach of all moisture. Chop and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Drain the artichokes, pat dry and chop into quarters. Add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the pimentos and minced garlic, mixing until well combined.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. If the dish is very full, place the baking dish onto a baking sheet to catch any liquids that might boil over.
- Top with additional parmesan, paprika and parsley.
- Bake until golden and bubbly.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Adapted from it’s original version by “The Veg Life”