Author: Justforall Modified by: IHHC
- 8 slices GF bread, ( day old /stale works best)
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 C. Just Egg
- ½ C. milk (almond or coconut creamer is a good option)
- Coconut oil or non-dairy buttery spread
- Your favorite toppings (maple syrup, berries, powdered sugar…)
- If your bread is not stale yet, lay it out on a baking sheet overnight to dry, or bake it for 10-20 minutes in a 300°F oven until stiff and dry. Using stale or dried bread will it help it soak up the custard, while avoiding soggy French toast.
- Whisk together the Just Egg, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and dairy alternative in a wide shallow dish.
- Soak the bread slices in the custard mixture for 15-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Bring a non-stick skillet to medium-low heat and brush with a light coating of coconut oil or dairy free spread. Use a fork or tongs to pick up each slice of bread from the soaking dish, letting any excess custard mixture drip off back into the dish. Cook each slice for about 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Serve immediately, with your favorite toppings.